*** it’s not too late to sign up for the nutritionalperformance challenge. We will be combining quality food intake with benchmark wod improvements into a scoring system. This will be a ton of fun and what better way to start the holidays, than to be in the best shape of your life? Please email Lief (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you would like more information and get started. It officially kicks off today, but we can keep taking registrations up until Wednesday evening.***
3 Rounds for time:
400 M Run
1 Bear Complex with max deadlifts at the end of 5th set
note: each deadlift is worth 5 seconds off final time. i.e 15 deadlifts worth 1:15 off time
A BEAR COMPLEX CONSISTS OF:
- ground to shoulder
- front squat
- shoulder to overhead
- back squat
- shoulder to overhead (from back position)
x 5 sets unbroken (without removing hands from bar or resting on ground). While warming up, find a weight that can be completed unbroken, yet challenging.
rep must be touch and go
Once you complete your 5th set on the bear complex, keep your hands on the bar and rep out as many touch and go deadlifts as possible.
- The athlete must keep hands on bar when transitioning from bear to deadlifts
- They may hold bar while standing or rest in hip crease.
- Bar cannot rest on ground.
- These reps will be used to separate athletes at the same weight.
- ground to shoulder and front may be combined into a squat clean
- front squat and shoulder to overhead may be combined into a thruster
- back squat and shoulder to overhead maybe combined into a thruster from the back position
HOW TO PERFORM A SET:
- barbell starts at rest on ground
- athlete lifts bar to shoulders in one movement then performs front squat
- out of the front squat athlete may perform a thruster to get bar overhead or stand out of front squat and then perform shoulder press, push press, push jerk, split jerk to get bar overhead.
- Athlete will then lower bar behind the neck to the back rack position and perform back squat.
- out of the back squat athlete may perform a thruster for the back rack position to get the bar overhead or stand out of the back squat and then perform shoulder press, push press, push jerk, split jerk from the back rack position to get the bar overhead.
- After this overhead position is achieved the rep is complete but the set is not over.
- Athlete must complete 5 sets of this in order to be complete
- From the overhead position the athlete can lower the bar to ground and immediately start the next set. There is NO resting on the ground, no time to reset grip no pausing or releasing hands.
SAFE ZONES TO REST:
- front rack position
- back rack position
- hip crease (here you may release grip to reset hook grip etc)